How To Become an Uber Driver: 2020 Requirements and Details
If you have been wondering how to become an uber driver this blog post is for you.
Simply go to TheSimpleDriver.com and click the white button that says start here and get a BONUS of up to $700 after completing a certain amount of trips.
If you need my referral CODE it’s in BIG yellow letters.
Here is a quick list of how to REALLY become an Uber driver
- Have a WHY?
- Get Training
- Develop thick skin
- Have patience
- Ready, Shoot, AIM’
- Understand it’s a business
- Know that you are in customer service
These are the generic things you need to think about before becoming an uber driver. To get down to the real stuff we must take a look at an important question.
What are the qualifications to be an Uber driver?
How to become an Uber driver in 2019
The Uber driver application is really easy to complete. The Uber driver requirements are pretty straight forward.
You can click here to sign up and drive. With this link, you are available for promotions in your location.
- Meet driving age minimum
- The licensed driving experience of 1-year in the United States
- US valid drivers license
- A 4-door vehicle that meets the eligibility
- Proof of residency
- Current car insurance in your name
- Registered vehicle in-state
- Front-facing profile picture
- Pass and complete Uber’s online screening process
Basically, it’s like you are applying to an Uber job. The difference is you are NOT an employee. It’s your vehicle and YOUR personal business. Uber driver pay is based on the performance you give on their platform.
Don’t listen to the negativity about this Rideshare business. The money can be substantial for those who have hustle.
Which leads me to the next important question.
How much does an Uber driver make?
There is a lot of generic information regarding this question. Most of it is coming from individuals that drove Uber for a week or a couple of days.
But, what about the driver who has been on the platform since 2016?
Yes, I’m talking about myself. Reviews are sketchy on the Internet so you need REAL world advice from drivers, right?
Well, I have personally made over $100,000 a year as an Uber business owner (NOT driver). Therefore, I can tell you that income varies.
How much can an Uber driver make? $10,000 a month?
Yes, I have had months where I cleared over $10K as an Uber driver. It’s NOT just about driving around your city picking up riders. There are actually 8 ways to get paid as a rideshare driver.
So, how much can you make? Well, the video below breaks it all down for you.
My Youtube Channel which has over 77,000 subscribers has helped thousands of drivers change their income goals.
Some have been able to get rid of the salary jobs in place of running their own successful Uber business. I hope you are one of the people who can take advantage of this opportunity.
You can sign-up to start driving now with my referral link.
Should I Drive Full-Time for Uber?
This is an important topic. You already know how it works when it comes to Uber. Now, you need to understand the parameters of driving full or part-time.
Of course, this will vary as people have different financial obligations. However, there is still some basic information you must take into consideration before becoming a driver. I personally wanted to know the difficulty of driving passengers around Atlanta for a couple of hours a day.
Watch this video to get a better understanding of being a full-time driver on the Uber platform.
So, how hard is it to drive for Uber? It’s not hard at all. With that being said, it’s NOT easy either.
The difficulty rating is somewhere in the middle. There are several things you will have to adapt to when you start this kind of work.
Let’s talk about this for a second.
What does an Uber driver do?
An Uber driver simply takes a rider to a predetermined location specified by the passenger inside the Uber app.
After the ride is complete the rider exits the vehicle and the Uber driver ends the driving process within’ his app. Ratings for the ride can be given from both the driver and the passenger.
You just read the basics of being a Rideshare driver. But, what about some of the other responsibilities?
Here are some things you need to consider before starting to drive for Uber
- Are you ready to drive for long hours? If you want to take advantage of the income-earning potential of Uber or Lyft long hours are a must. On average you will spend 6 or more hours a day in your vehicle driving around the city.
- Self-employment. Are you ready to be self-employed? Technically you are an independent contractor. In return, this means you are responsible for your taxes, hours, health insurance, etc. You will need to get familiar with profit and loss statements and much more.
- Do I love talking to people? You can be an introvert in the Rideshare business niche. Drivers who are top earners know how to hold conversations with several people a day. If you don’t like talking maybe Uber Eats is a better fit for you.
In Summary: How to Apply for Uber
As you can see there are some serious benefits to being an Uber driver. Sure, there are some negatives as well, but they are small.
To become an Uber driver you need to decide if it’s something you can handle.
First, make sure you have a qualifying vehicle. Second, make sure you are ready for Uber’s driver requirements. Next, fill out the Uber application. Then, get your car inspected and have in-state registration. Finally, educate yourself on how to maximize your earnings on the platform.
I hope I have helped you out in making a decision about Uber. If you decide to apply make sure you use my Referral Code for the promotion in your city.
- Published in Uber Driver
Uber Driver Requirements – Make Money with Uber (2019)
Many people want to make money with their vehicle, but don’t know the Uber driver requirements. Many social media sites provide random driver information. However, it’s NOT organized.
The requirements to be an Uber driver can be confusing. This article will support and guide you through the simple process of driving for Uber. You will be able to sign up and get an account within minutes.
I’ll cover the Uber driver requirements for UberX, XL, Select, and Pool. This article will allow you to fill out an application with high chances of becoming a Rideshare driver FAST!
So, how to become an Uber driver? To become an Uber driver you must meet the requirements set by Uber. The minimum age of 21 with a valid 1 year US license, 4 door vehicle, and in-state auto insurance is required.
Want to Drive for Uber? Click Here Sign Up and Start Earning
Here are the updated details for 2019.
Uber Driver Requirements
You can sign up now, click here to apply to drive using my customer referral link. You will be eligible for promotions in your driving area.
- Meet the driving age minimum in your current city
- Have licensed driving experience of one year in the US (3 years if under 23)
- One valid driver’s license in the US
- Use a 4-door vehicle that’s eligible
- Proof of residency for your city, state or province
- Current auto insurance in your name if driving a personal car
- Have an in-state registered car for driving
- Take a forward-facing driver profile photo
- Complete and pass an online screening which reviews driving record and criminal history
In short, sign up to drive. Then share required documents like license, registration, proof of insurance, and photo. Next, complete screening for a background check. Finally, log in to the Uber App to start driving for pay.
Does Uber Do Background Checks?
Yes, Uber does background checks for drivers. The screenings are done by the company Checkr, Inc. and take 3-5 days to complete on average.
The background check includes a review of your Motor Vehicle Record. In addition, a criminal background check is administered.
A background check will vary in cities. Rideshare regulations and local laws govern drivers based on criteria specified by the city.
Here is a quick list of things required to pass.
- Zero accidents with a fatality
- No reckless driving charges
- Clean criminal history reports
- DUI or drug-related offenses (ZERO)
- Void of insurance charges
- Absolutely no driving with suspended license charges
Uber Car Requirements
To drive for Uber you will have to have a specific vehicle that meets the Uber vehicle requirements. In 2019 the car requirements for Uber X are fairly simple.
UberX Vehicle Requirements
- 4 Door vehicle which can transport a minimum of 4 passengers
- New or nothing older than 15 model years old
- No salvaged, reconstructed or rebuilt titles
- Rental prohibited unless approved by Uber programs like FAIR Car Rental
- Cosmetic damage, missing parts, commercial branding or taxi cab paint jobs not allowed
How to become an Uber driver
Read the easy step-by-step guide to becoming an Uber driver here.
Here is a quick summary of the necessary steps:
- Step 1. Fill out the simple driver application here.
- Step 2. Complete a car inspection to meet Uber requirements.
- Step 3. Wait patiently for your background check to clear.
- Step 4. Push the Go Online button in the app and start driving.
Uber Driver Insurance Requirements
All Uber drivers are required to have car insurance that meets the minimum financial responsibility of the state. While logged into the driver app Uber maintains automobile liability insurance as well.
So, how does Uber Driver insurance requirements work? Uber insurance works like this: When Uber Driver is not logged in to the driver-app their covered by personal insurance policies. When a driver turns the app on they are covered by liability insurance from Uber.
Once a rider is picked up a high level of liability insurance is activated. This is $1 million per incident excess liability coverage. The rideshare insurance policies cover liability claims and not the driver’s vehicle. Personal insurance claims will have to be filed for the car.
How To Drive for Uber Eats
UberEATS is a delivery app that allows Uber customers to order food on demand from nearby local restaurants. The UberEATS delivery drivers pick up and drop off food orders as independent contractors. Many Uber drivers choose Uber Eats versus driving for DoorDash or Postmates.
What are the Uber Eats driver requirements? You can become an Uber Eats driver without driving for UberX. Current UberX drivers can simply opt-in to start receiving UberEATS request.
Uber Eats Driver Requirements
- Uber Eats Driver Requirements
- Meet the minimum age requirement to drive in your city
- Drive a 2-door or 4-door car manufactured after 1998
- Vehicle insurance, vehicle registration proof, and a valid driver’s license
- 1-year driving experience
What to do if you don’t meet Uber driver requirements!
So, what do you do if your application to drive for Uber gets denied? Every driver is not accepted. Here are some reasons Uber headquarters may not approve of you.
You are under the required age of 21.
Uber requires all their drivers to be 21 years old. 47 states recognize adults at the age of 18. Seems Uber has more reasoning behind their age rule.
You are missing a Social Security Number or not a legal U.S. working resident.
If you are an immigrant, I suggest a consultation with an immigration lawyer. Your visa document may prohibit you from working in the U.S., but Uber may allow you to sign up with an SSN # you have. This could violate the terms of your issued visa and is not recommended.
The background check administered was NOT passed.
If Uber declines your application due to a failed background check, request it yourself. It’s important to see what is hindering you from making money as an Uber driver. If what’s listed is correct it will take about 7 years to drop off your record.
Your Uber car doesn’t qualify.
If your vehicle doesn’t meet the guidelines for driving with uber, simply upgrade. You don’t have to buy a new car, used is just fine. Uber even has a leasing program for drivers to get started. The payment for your used or leased vehicle will be offset by the money you earn with Uber weekly.
You lack ALL the in-state documents required.
To drive for Uber the following in-state documents are mandatory:
- Car registration
- Car insurance
If you need to secure auto insurance the following companies issue free quotes online.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- 21st Century Insurance
Conclusion: Making Money with Uber
Simply follow the information above and fill out the Uber driving application. This is the best way to see if you meet the Uber driver requirements. It only takes minutes to complete. If you sign up with my personal referral link you or ANY family member can get a CASH bonus.
Click Here and get up to $700 SIGN-UP BONUS from UBER with my referral.
- Published in Uber Driver